Foods you will use:
- 100g soft margarine/butter
- 125g caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 100ml natural yogurt
- 225g self raising flour (or 225g plain flour and 1/4 teaspoon bread soda)
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 1 cup/240ml fresh strawberries
How you will use them:
- Ok, so first of all we're going to preheat the oven to 200C/ Fan 190C/ Gas Mark 6. Look at my lovely oven.
3. Go get your two bananas and mash them. Then get your strawberries and
4. Next, we're gonna cream the margarine and sugar until it's pale and creamy. This is way easier if the marg is room temperature, but if you forgot to take it out of the fridge earlier (like I did) you can just heat it for a few seconds in the microwave.
5. Now whisk the eggs, milk, yogurt and (my favourite ingredient) vanilla extract into your margarine and sugar mixture. If it looks curdled, you're doing it right. Careful with the whisker, I got some of the mixture on my favourite jeans but you can refrain from doing this by covering the bowl partially with a towel. Or just wear an apron.
And this is the end result!
6. When you've done that, sieve in the flour and fold in gently (gently, ya hear?!). Then you can add in your strawberries. And yeah, you can do that gently too.
7...Almost there! You just need to spoon your mixture into the bun cases and put them in the oven for 20-25 mins. An ice cream scoop would be ideal here. They gotta be golden brown when coming out. Use a tester if your not sure, (it's just a long sharp thing) and stick it in the middle of the muffin. If it comes out clean, it's cooked.
And here's another picture of my lovely oven: